Thursday, January 29, 2009

Update- God's Blessings

God has moved alot for me lately. I now have a home monitor device that I wear around my neck so the next time I fall and break something I can be like that little old lady who says "I've fallen and I can't get up". It was true for me in November 2007, I broke my knee and crushed the head of the bone that attaches to my knee. Not fun, I laid in bed 6 weeks and hopped on my walker. My friend JoAnn brought me breakfast about 3-4 times a week and my sister's Chanda and Connie brought food by to me about 3 times a week. Connie brough her little refrigerator down and installed it in my bedroom so I could eat sandwiches and stuff. I was miserable and in pain and I pray I don't have to go through that again. Some wanted me to go to my mom's house but she has more steps going into her house than I do mine and she couldn't come stay with me because Rayvn, Chanda's daughter was in school and Chanda works nights. Anyway back to the subject at hand.

Food is going to be delivered to my house every two weeks. It is a part of the meals on wheels program sort of. They come from mom's meals and they have a web site by the way. What I have had so far is delicious and they are pre-portioned so I can still follow my diet.

I should have said at the beginning that I am now enrolled in the Medicaid Waiver program. This provides assistance to the elderly and disabled so that they don't have to go to the nursing home. I wasn't in danger of going to the nursing home but my sister Chanda is unable to take care of me like she has been. She and my mom clean my house and Chanda gets all my food in and mail and that sort of thing. I will now have a helper 30 hours a week, as soon as they hire someone, that will be here for me to take a bath, help me clean my house, go to church and doctor's appointments with me. I am excited. That means that Chanda won't have to lift my chair and she won't be in pain because of it. It also means that I will be out of my comfort zone of being by myself except for about 3-4 hours a week when my family is here helping me. I have agoraphobia and can't stand to leave my house and I have difficulty having people in my house. Even my friends and family sometimes. I guess it's because I have been alone so long. So I am excited that God is taking me out of my comfort zone because that's where we grow. I know that I will have to face trials but I don't want to be so hermitlike any longer. I am trying to be positive and upbeat about the whole thing because I know God is in the works and has a bright future for me. He is helping me lose weight and overcome the obstacles that have had me bound. He is so good to me. I feel like I don't praise Him enough for all he does for me. He has been with me at my lowest moments and kept me safe when I was too stupid or crazy to keep myself safe.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Sounds like lots of good stuff going on in your life! I am proud for you. I am still praying for you daily...

Val said...

I will pray for you. I didn't realize all this was going on. Thank goodness for family.

RJ Larese Casting said...

Hello,

This is completely out-of-the-blue, but hopefully, I can help you out. I read your blog and saw your story regarding Agoraphobia. I'm working on a television show for a major women's cable network and we're looking for eight women with impairing phobias to try to help cure with the help of professionals. I'm interested in talking to you more about your Agoraphobia. If you could email me at RJLARESECASTING@Gmail.com, I'd love to speak with you.

Best,
RJ