Monday, January 5, 2009

Addendum to Butterfly

I can't believe it but all day the day I wrote the previous blog and ever since then I have come across butterflies. I don't know if they were always there or if God is putting them in my way to help me remember what I learned but it really is remarkable how something so small has such a big impact on you. I mean I was searching a discount catalog sight for bargains and out of the blue up popped a butterfly quilt. I was in kitchen not bed/bath section so this was really funny and then when I logged onto myspace a bumpersticker picture was flashing of a butterfly. How odd is that. I guess I will just have to thank God for reminding me and learn what I need to. I have a hard head and sometimes it takes me a while to get important life lessons. I pick up knowledge like trivia and that sort of thing really easily but important things take me a while to grasp. This journey(the weight loss one) has already brought me to and through so much. Some of the things I am learning are:

  1. To love myself and to make myself as important as everyone else in my life(I feel really selfish doing this so this might take a while)
  2. To listen to how God is leading me, this I am learning day by day
  3. To appreciate what God has already given me and the opportunities he is putting before me
  4. To pray in everything, I have a hard time praying for myself. I think most people would find this odd but I have learned to pray to God about my situation instead of always praying for everyone else and believing God knows what I want. I have learned He likes us to ask him for things. It shows we need Him.
  5. To embrace the love He has for me, It is so hard for me to take compliments and to accept any help and I believe God is putting me in this place to show me that I can count on Him and that He will always take care of me. I feel like I have always been the one to take care of everyone and everything, any big sister knows how I feel, and now God is showing me who I can count on and I can count on Him and surprisingly my family, both natural and spiritual.
  6. That sometimes the truth is right there staring you in the face and you are too wrapped up in everything going on around you to realize it.
  7. I have learned that I have not been who I really am for a long time. My niece Rayvn has helped me remember who I always was because she is so much like me and I have decided I liked myself then and I want to recapture at least the good parts of me and start living again instead of existing.

Thank you for reading this diatribe(word I just learned the meaning of today, long discourse). I appreciate all who read this and I feel your prayers for me.

2 comments:

Krista said...

I brought your name up for prayer at the ladies meeting last night. I can't wait until you are able to join us again.

Anonymous said...

You know what. . . we have more in common than you would believe. I don't think it's weird that you find it hard to pray for yourself. I have had that battle myself. It made me feel selfish or unthoughtful of others. But, also like you I have learned that it is what the Lord wants. And it doesn't mean that I am selfish when I pray for myself; it just shows my total dependence on the Lord.