Monday, December 29, 2008

Life

This week has been a roller coaster ride. From a high high to a low low. Tuesday my personal trainer came to my house for our first session. He was really nice and I think I am going to like having him come to see me once a week for support and for learning how to move my body so I can get healthier. God just worked this out so that I could have the support I needed to lose weight. I spent Christmas Eve day at my mom's house. I almost fell when I was leaving and had a hard time getting to the car to go home. This totally ruined everything that had went before. I spent Christmas Day at home by myself which had sort of been the tradition since I moved out of my mom's house 5 years ago. Friday night I started having a melt down. I cried all weekend. On Sunday afternoon a brother from church that has never called me before called my mom and got my phone number and called me to check on me. I cried and cried when I got off the phone because I knew God had heard my cries and was letting me know that He heard me and that I would be ok. After church Sunday night a sister who I have known my whole life but who rarely calls me called and just wanted to know if I was ok. I am thankful for my church family and for God impressing on their hearts that I needed someone to pray and I needed someone to reach out to me. I get so frustrated sometimes and I wonder when it all will get better or when things will change but I just have to keep focused and learn to roll with this crazy thing called life.

2 comments:

Krista said...

I was thinking about you this weekend too. I've been praying for you! You know the hardest things that I've ever had to learn were patience & trust. Isn't it funny how those things go together? I am learning to trust God and you know that takes tons of patience because his time is not our time!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love our little church. It seems like the Lord will always put us on someone's heart right when we need it. I hate to hear that you had a hard time this weekend, but I'm glad that you're feeling better.