Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Joy and Pain of two year olds

I have a had wonderful past two days. I have felt happy and hopeful. Of course watching a 2 year old play always puts a smile on my face. My sister Chrissy brought her son Jaxon to visit yesterday. He is so smart. He can watch you do something one time and then he knows how to do it from then on. He can even see part of what you are doing and figure the rest out. He has had a delay in speech but in my family it is probably more of not being able to get a word in edge-wise. He is the kind of person who sets back and looks over the situation and then acts. He's a lot like my dad that way. He has the most incredible little laugh. He laughs all the time and it is so infectious. He also has the worst temper I have ever seen. He screams if he doesn't get his way and he doesn't give up or back down. You know when a kid does something and you tell him to look you in the eye and most kids won't they will do anything to keep from looking you in the eye because they know they are in trouble. Well he will look you straight in the eye and he doesn't back down or give up. My nieces and nephews are just wonders but of course I am prejudiced. Sara and Bayker have already showed musical talent and Rayvn is so tender hearted. Jaxon is just a bundle of joy. Mom says he is meaner than a striped snake but of course it's when he is acting like granny that he is mean(usually when he won't back down for nothing). I think it is funny how they will stare each other down because it's her eyes only brown looking at her. I don't think she has realized that yet. I guess I should stop talking about him for now.

1 comments:

Val said...

So precious!!! Merry Christmas!