Friday, November 14, 2008

13 not 32

I lost 13 pounds. I know it wasn't the 32 that I had hoped for but 13 has always sort of been my lucky number. Not lucky in the superstitious sense but I just really like 13. I guess it all goes back to me always liking the underdog. 13 has such a bad rap and it hasn't done anything. I digress. I am really encouraged at first I was sort of disappointed but I did the math and that is 1.625 pounds per week and my nutritionist was excited that I was losing the weight healthfully. I have lost it quickly in the past and then just as quickly gained it all back and more so I guess slow and steady wins the race. I think it was Paul in the New Testament that said in whatever state I find myself to be content. I know this isn't exactly the direct quote but I couldn't quickly find the verse in the Bible. I am happy and content that I lost 13 pounds. I am thankful to God for helping me and making it different this time. This time has been totally different than anytime in the past. I feel encouraged and hopeful this late in the game. Most of the time by now I would have become discouraged. My nutritionist is trying to teach me to not feel guilty when I make a mistake but to learn from it. I hope that I will continue to grow and learn.

2 comments:

Dia said...

You are doing great! I am very thankful for what you have accomplished. Keep it up.

Krista said...

That verse is on my blog. It is what I try to tell myself when I go through problems. "...For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Philippians 4:11