Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Day before Easter

Tommorrow may be a busy day so I decided to post my gratitude posting one day early.  Easter is the day we celebrate that Jesus rose from the grave.  In His resurrection is the hope we have that all His promises are true, that we will have eternal life in Heaven, and most of all that He is our Saviour.  I am so thankful that He chose to die on the cross for my sins, that He chose to suffer the beatings and the shame for me.  I have claimed His stripes, from the beating He received, for my healing on so many occasions.  Jesus did so much for me that I can never repay Him even if I lived a thousand years and served Him continually night and day. 

This week my church has been in revival.  I got to attend Wednesday and Thursday night.  Wednesday night the pastor preached on patience and waiting on God.  He read from Mark 5 about the girl that was sick and her father asked for her healing.  On the way to heal the little girl He was thronged with the crowd and the woman who had the issue of blood touched the hem of His garment and was made whole.  When He got to the house where the little girl was the servant said she was dead. Jesus asked them where was their faith and told them that the girl was just sleeping.  So many times over the last few years I have wondered when my healing would come.  I suffer daily from so many things and I felt like I had reached my breaking point.  This sermon gave me hope that God was still going to move on my behalf.  Thursday night the pastor preached on faith and a dear brother testified.  I have had a heavy heart for over a year for him and when he stood up and told how that night he had received something he had been desiring I felt so great for him.  He has gone through so much and I know how hard it is to feel far from God.  You don't really want be in that shape.  This man had always teased me and I had looked forward to his smiles and his laughter.  When he started fighting his battle he looked so sad and alone.  He still tried to smile and joke but you could tell he just wasn't the same.  I am so thankful God moved for him.

So I guess the things I am grateful for this week are:

1.  That Jesus chose to die for my sins and that He rose again on the third day that I might have life.
2.  I am grateful for the revival, I needed it so badly and I feel like I can go on a little longer.
3.  I am thankful that God moved for my friend, it's wonderful to rejoice with your brothers and sisters over how God has moved in their life it can give you hope that God isn't through with you.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter and that you all remember what Jesus has did for you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just found your blog but I can't read it with all those dots covering it. I did read your bio and I love to meet Christians because that means we are in HIS BODY together! Praise the LORD! I just thought I'd say hi.

Val said...

Thank you so much for your comment. I didn't even realize that you were still blogging. Thanks for letting me know. I had a hard time reading your post with that template but I got most of it. I am thankful for your answered prayers. Keep holding on. That is all we can do. Thank goodness that we have Christ in our lives. We are blessed.